Automatic cleanup of MSDB history

• Hi,

In SQL Agent, it's possible to "Automatically Remove Agent History". What I want to know is

1) When does this cleanup job run?

2) What is actually executed?

(I like this feature, but I don't want a cleanup during peak-hours)

Wilfred
    The best things in life are the simple things

• In SQL Server 2005 the same automatic deletions based on the values for the 'Maximum job history log size (rows)' and 'Maximum job history rows per job' can be used as in SQL Server 2005. The new option that exists relates to deleting data based on an overall duration that can be specified in days, weeks or months. So for example, it is possible it retain 2 months or 6 weeks worth of Job History based on your needs independent of the number of rows that would be stored in the corresponding tables in the MSDB database

• I understand the concepts of the retention time. I'm interested in how SQL decides it's time to do a cleanup. It this check done every friday at 2:00, or sunday, or ... when exactly?

Which stored procedures are executed? Which tables are purged?

Wilfred
    The best things in life are the simple things

• hi

it's sp_cycle_agent_errorlog for the agent logs to change or see folder you can right click on the errorprotocolls and say configure to set path and log level for when it does that automatically i think there was a row limit somewhere

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply