Automate SP_WHO2?

• Hi Grant, I get the followign errors when running this:

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1

Incorrect syntax near 'TRANS'.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 5

Incorrect syntax near 'TRANS'.

• Ok fixed it by replacing TRANS with TRANSACTION :0)

• grrr I am using the following syntax:

BEGIN TRANSACTION

UPDATE dbo.attcat

SET Val = 50

WHERE ID = i_att_type;

--ROLLBACK TRANS

But keep getting:

Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

Invalid column name 'ID'.

• david.williams 50026 (12/5/2012)

grrr I am using the following syntax:

BEGIN TRANSACTION

UPDATE dbo.attcat

SET Val = 50

WHERE ID = i_att_type;

--ROLLBACK TRANS

But keep getting:

Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

Invalid column name 'ID'.

Is ID a column in your table? I just used that as an example.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• No but i_att_type IS a column, how do I tell it to use that? I thought WHERE ID = i_att_type; was telling it WHERE to update?

• david.williams 50026 (12/5/2012)

No but i_att_type IS a column, how do I tell it to use that? I thought WHERE ID = i_att_type; was telling it WHERE to update?

No, it would be i_att_type = SomeValue. ID would have to be 'ID' to be used as a string.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Grant Fritchey (12/5/2012)

david.williams 50026 (12/5/2012)

No but i_att_type IS a column, how do I tell it to use that? I thought WHERE ID = i_att_type; was telling it WHERE to update?

No, it would be i_att_type = SomeValue. ID would have to be 'ID' to be used as a string.

Ummmm not wishing to appear dense here (but probably am looking that way!) what would "SomeValue" be?!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply