Auto create statistics and Auto update statistics

• Hello,

Autocreate statistics and Auto update statistics or set to False in database properties->Options page for 2 databases in our one of the sql server 2005 instances and for the rest of the databases these two options are set to True.

I did not change any configuration settings after the installation,But I did not get why for these two databases autocreate statistics and auto update statistics are turned off.

Finally, should we set these two options to TRUE or FALSE?

plz suggest me

Thanks

• kotlas7 (1/8/2009)

Hello,

Autocreate statistics and Auto update statistics or set to False in database properties->Options page for 2 databases in our one of the sql server 2005 instances and for the rest of the databases these two options are set to True.

I did not change any configuration settings after the installation,But I did not get why for these two databases autocreate statistics and auto update statistics are turned off.

Finally, should we set these two options to TRUE or FALSE?

plz suggest me

Thanks

By default in SQL Server 2005, those 2 settings should be set to true to help with performance. Infact, you may also need to update statistics even with those 2 settings = true based on the activity of your DB.

• They should almost always be set to "on". I can't think of a specific reason to have them off, but it might be required for some obscure problem.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks,

I got it.. for Biztalk server databases in sql server these 2 otions should be OFF by default..

From BOL:

Auto Update Statistics/Auto Create Statistics:

The Auto Create Statistics and the Auto Update Statistics options should be disabled on the BizTalk Server Messagebox database. To determine if these settings are disabled, execute the following stored procedures in SQL Server:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply