Auditing SQL Logins 24x7 - Profiler? SQLDiag??

• After being distracted for a while with something as mundane as work, I was able to set up my tracking of logins/failed logins using a server side trace. Every week night I stop the trace and restart it with a new output file. I then pull the trace file into a table that is refreshed that night and pull summary records into a Login History table. I keep the most recent record for each combination of LoginName, HostName, DatabaseName and ApplicationName in the Login History.

There are several uses for this including more information about failed logins (from refreshed table) and which Logins and Applications are actually used.

Thanks for assistance with this.

Steve

• Steve

I have used that method for years with much success. Lately I have been trying to implement the same functionality using service broker event processing. However, I've not had much success since after a day or two the broker will stop due to automatic poison message detection. As I have not worked out this issue yet, I still continue with my tried and true server side trace and nightly processing of the trace file.

Gordon Pollokoff

"Wile E. is my reality, Bugs Bunny is my goal" - Chuck Jones

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply