Artifical level in dimensions

• I have a situation like this.

There is a dimension ProductGroup under which we have product category and product IDs 101, 102,103,104 for example. Now I want to group 101 and 102 together as a separate level. 103 and 104 also go the same way as well. It is only for these IDs I need this grouping. The other product categories are the normal ones.

So, My question is, Is it possible to create this kind of artificial levels only for a particular Product ID level? Please reply me ASAP, if you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Anbu

• I finally succeed in this by using case statements.

• Would you mind posting an example of what you came up with? I am curious how you went about this....

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• First I created a category level. Then I changed the member key column into

case when Product category in(101,102) then 1 when Product category in(103,104)then 2 end.

I changed the member name column into

case when Product category in(101,102) then 'Level -test1' when Product category in(103,104)then 'Level - test2' end

Then rename this level into the 'New level'. Then add the Product category level once again.

When u view the data of the dimension now, you will see the tree the same way as I had the request.

Reply me if you have any doubts.

Thanks and regards,

Anbu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply