Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (1/21/2009)

Grant Fritchey (1/21/2009)

This is the second time this exact question has been posted:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic640498-1291-1.aspx

No answers to the questions, no further interaction at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see it again in two or three days.

Care to join me in my trek across the desert?

Actually, no. It's easier to deal with guys that never, ever respond than what you've got going on over there.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GSquared (1/21/2009)

Yeah, but did you see the reply to that?

What's up with the grapes table that only has a priority column? What does that have to do with anything at all?

Yes, I did. And I just shot back two replies of my own. Grant, is that stick you have made of iron wood?

• Now that I read the thread, I have a scene from "Jerry Maguire" running through my head AND IT WON'T COME OUT. Thanks, Ninja.

I don't have a stick made of iron wood, but I have a bag full of woods and irons. I think maybe a 5-iron for Lynn's "friend".

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (1/21/2009)

Now that I read the thread, I have a scene from "Jerry Maguire" running through my head AND IT WON'T COME OUT. Thanks, Ninja.

I don't have a stick made of iron wood, but I have a bag full of woods and irons. I think maybe a 5-iron for Lynn's "friend".

Haven't seen the movie, how about a quick synopsis of the scene you have in your head? May help get it out of there...

GSquared (1/21/2009)

What's up with the grapes table that only has a priority column? What does that have to do with anything at all?

Yes, I did. And I just shot back two replies of my own. Grant, is that stick you have made of iron wood?

Oak right now. I want one of Appalachian Hickory (http://www.kingfisherwoodworks.com/[/url]).

For this job a thick enough piece of pine will work.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Now that I read the thread, I have a scene from "Jerry Maguire" running through my head AND IT WON'T COME OUT. Thanks, Ninja.

It sounds more like a Monty Python sketch to me.

GSquared (1/21/2009)

At some point you just have to give up, unsubscribe and move on. How much time has been wasted at this point?

No, no, wait. I've got it. The fruit really did it.

It's Captain Queeg on the stand in the Caine Mutiny:

Ah, but the strawberries, that's where I had them, using geometric logic, there was a key to the locker...

• Grant Fritchey (1/21/2009)

Lynn Pettis (1/21/2009)

GSquared (1/21/2009)

Oak right now. I want one of Appalachian Hickory (http://www.kingfisherwoodworks.com/[/url]).

For this job a thick enough piece of pine will work.

Cool... I'd love to get back into the martial arts. I've been out of for 22 years now. Still, I remember enough to be able to defend myself.

• Jack Corbett (1/21/2009)

Lynn Pettis (1/21/2009)

GSquared (1/21/2009)

At some point you just have to give up, unsubscribe and move on. How much time has been wasted at this point?

Sometimes you gotta hope against hope that the OP finally gets "it" and provides you with the answer(s) you need to help them out.

• hmmm, Got "it" I think he has!

hmmm, Got "it" I think he has!

Nice job Lynn! There were times looking at that one that I wanted to hit MY head with the keyboard but you were great! Ultimately this is what this site is all about. Thanks!

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• DavidB (1/21/2009)

Lynn Pettis (1/21/2009)

Nice job Lynn! There were times looking at that one that I wanted to hit MY head with the keyboard but you were great! Ultimately this is what this site is all about. Thanks!

hmmm, Half way there he may be. Still work that must be done.

• Grant Fritchey (1/21/2009)

It sounds more like a Monty Python sketch to me.

Hmmmmm......

----------------------------------------------------

"This query is dead."

"No, it's merely stunned. See, it's using a cursor...."

"It's written in Norwegian SQL and its pining for the fjords...."

----------------------------------------------------

"Nobody ever expects The SQL Inquistion."

"Our three primary weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and a close examination of execution plans.... FOUR... our FOUR primary weapons are...."

"Cardinal Moden... hit him with the pork chop...."

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Well, apparently your patience is paying off. I don't think I could have lasted that long.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply