Are the posted questions getting worse?

• SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

What are 3 of the required parameters for DBCC Timewarp?

What are 7 of the optional parameters?

This is a trick question, right? Everyone knows that DBCC TIMEWARP doesn't take any parameters--it just knows what you need it to do and does it without any fuss. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• paul.knibbs (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

This is a trick question, right? Everyone knows that DBCC TIMEWARP doesn't take any parameters--it just knows what you need it to do and does it without any fuss. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You're using a version that few people use. Most people stopped using that version when it changed itself to DBCC HAL9000.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (9/10/2013)

paul.knibbs (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

You're using a version that few people use. Most people stopped using that version when it changed itself to DBCC HAL9000.

that would be quite the odyssey.:-D:-D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Stefan Krzywicki (9/10/2013)

I did wonder what that "missing monolith" warning it keeps giving me is...

• Ed Wagner (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)

I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread. ๐Ÿ˜€

I like where this is headed.

Ah come now we all know that DBCC Timewarp has 137 required parameters and 256 optional parameters.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (9/10/2013)

Ed Wagner (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/10/2013)

Brandie Tarvin (9/10/2013)

I am seriously thinking of making DBCC Timewarp settings one of my own interview questions, just to see how far the SQL Conspiracy has spread. ๐Ÿ˜€

I like where this is headed.

Ah come now we all know that DBCC Timewarp has 137 required parameters and 256 optional parameters.

Right, that's why he said "Of The"

Of course, you're sticking with a slightly bloated version, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• I wish I could be in Orlando, or KC.

I'll be at SQL Sat San Diego, Denver, and DevConnections.

• Jeff Moden (9/10/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (9/10/2013)

L' Eomot Inversรฉ (9/9/2013)

Grant Fritchey (9/9/2013)

Not sure anyone noticed, but we passed the three year anniversary of the thread. Thank the gods the terrible twos are over. Our little... thread... is a toddler now.

Yes, I noticed that - nearly 2 years ago. Has the battery failed in your calendar?

The message which began the thread happened on November 18, 2008.

Which means we have a 5 year anniversary coming up. Exciting!

We also recently passed the 3 year aniversary of the last time the OP even logged in to SSC. Whatever happened to Michael Earl?

He probably got tired of all the email notifications of this thread ๐Ÿ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/10/2013)

I wish I could be in Orlando, or KC.

Man, that's what is called a "busy social calendar."

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/10/2013)

I wish I could be in Orlando, or KC.

I wish I could make the KC event myself. It is only about 45 minutes from home. My family commitments take up a majority of my non-work hours.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Modens splitter http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/72993/.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 โ€“ Converting Rows to Columns - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63681/
    Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69953/
    Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2) - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/APPLY/69954/

• SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I will be in Providence

I will also be there. Are you speaking Jack?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

Hey is anyone going to be at the SQLSaturday this week in Orlando or next week in Providence? If you are be sure we see each other.

I will be in Providence

Yup. I think I'm doing the old XEvents session. I'm doing some work on it to hopefully make it better.:-P

• Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)

WayneS (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

Yup. I think I'm doing the old XEvents session. I'm doing some work on it to hopefully make it better.:-P

You know, I really wish I had the time to attend some of these events. Some of them sound so interesting and I think I'd really enjoy getting away for a while and just immerse myself in learning something new. Commitments...sigh.

• Ed Wagner (9/11/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)

WayneS (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

You know, I really wish I had the time to attend some of these events. Some of them sound so interesting and I think I'd really enjoy getting away for a while and just immerse myself in learning something new. Commitments...sigh.

Is there perhaps a SQL Saturday within easy driving distance to you?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (9/12/2013)

Ed Wagner (9/11/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/10/2013)

WayneS (9/10/2013)

SQLRNNR (9/9/2013)

Jack Corbett (9/9/2013)

I will be in Providence

Is there perhaps a SQL Saturday within easy driving distance to you?

I heard there was one at Lawrence Technological University once. That would have been great, but I didn't hear about it until afterwards. There's nothing close in the near future.

Granted, I wouldn't mind traveling to Milan, Italy and eating my way around the country. ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 41,251 through 41,265 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply