Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

Kit G (9/30/2010)

WayneS (9/30/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (9/30/2010)

You can pay at the door. I'll have Grant standing there intimidating people into giving up $30 or a ticket :-P:w00t:

If he's in his kilt you might have people running away from it! :w00t:

Hey! Kilts are sexy! (But you do need the socks that are part of the ensemble.)

Ok, Kit... you brought it up. Why do women think that kilts on men is sexy?

Heh, yes I did. It is hard to explain exactly why I think Kilts are sexy. It could be because of the Scottish blood that runs through my veins that allows me to like bagpipe music (played well, that is). Just as a side note, I am also a sucker for a good fitting tux. Do the Prince Charlie vest and kilt (the formal getup for a kilt) and I'm swooning! <sigh>

On the other side of things, given today's cultural fashion, it does take a bit of guts for an American to wear a kilt. Scots don't count as the entire world knows they are crazy. 😉 Given that, it tells me that the guy bucks the system a bit and that catches my eye as well. But, while the kilt does buck the accepted norm, other fashion trends that buck the norm I don't like - most notably the "show my underwear with the waist of my jeans half way down my butt". Ugh, talk about an instant turnoff. Yes, I'm showing my age, but still, what woman wants to get it on with a guy who can't even dress himself properly? I know you have to train guys once you get them, but they should already have the basics down before you get them. 😉

I think kilts are in good taste (but you do need the socks to go with them). Bare legs with a kilt just doesn't cut it. :w00t: A kilt gives a good shape to the body. And there is this as well, a kilt takes a bit of care to maintain and wear properly. If a guy can do that, he scores a few points in the "Can he take care of me?" department as a potential mate. That is one of the things that does determine "sexy/attractive". Does the attribute in question say "I can take care of you and support you and any children we have"?

That said, fashion is a very subjective subject. I like a guy in a tux because it puts some very nice lines on the male body. I don't really like the overly-muscled types, however, I can admire Arnie's body when he was in his prime. There are reasons he took Mr. Universe four years in a row. But then, with Arnie's body, it was all in proportion. I happen to like kilts and I think guys who wear them are sexy. I know others have very different opinions.

That might or might not answer your question, but I figured it was better than saying "Kilts are sexy because!" 😀

-- Kit

• Ok, have to chime in. I'll pass on the Kilt, but the Scottish accent, now we're talking. Wait - is my husband logged on right now?!? Perhaps, I should use an alternate userid. 😉 Kidding, honey.

• tshelly (10/1/2010)

Ok, have to chime in. I'll pass on the Kilt, but the Scottish accent, now we're talking. Wait - is my husband logged on right now?!? Perhaps, I should use an alternate userid. 😉 Kidding, honey.

If he speaks with a scottish accent tonight, you'll know he was logged in. 😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• tshelly (10/1/2010)

Ok, have to chime in. I'll pass on the Kilt, but the Scottish accent, now we're talking. Wait - is my husband logged on right now?!? Perhaps, I should use an alternate userid. 😉 Kidding, honey.

Wait, not only two dbas in the same house, but married?! DIVE, DIVE. AWOOOGA. DIVE to max depth! Explosion imminent!

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (10/1/2010)

tshelly (10/1/2010)

Wait, not only two dbas in the same house, but married?! DIVE, DIVE. AWOOOGA. DIVE to max depth! Explosion imminent!

Guess what Craig, if I'm not mistaken, they're not the only couple on here. 😀

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

Craig Farrell (10/1/2010)

Stefan Krzywicki (10/1/2010)

... If you got down to the binary, you could totally send a program as Morse Code over a telegraph.

What's that, Baud 1 for the unprofessional, maybe 1.5 for a master tapper? 😛

... only if you leave out the error checking.

And even then only if you have a very small number of bits per signal element (probably 1 bit per SE if the unprofessional can manage 1 baud).

Tom

• Ok, time for me to put what's left of my reputation on the line. I predict that the Thread will hit 20,000 on Thursday, Oct 7th, 2010.

😎

Alvin Ramard

• Are

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (10/1/2010)

Are

you

Learn Extended Events

CirquedeSQLeil (10/1/2010)

Are

you

sure

Learn Extended Events

Are

you

sure

about

Learn Extended Events

Are

you

sure

about

that

Learn Extended Events

• Unless we decide to make more meaningless post over and over again to buck your predicton Alvin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

Are

you

sure

about

that

, Alvin?

Learn Extended Events

• Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

Ok, time for me to put what's left of my reputation on the line. I predict that the Thread will hit 20,000 on Thursday, Oct 7th, 2010.

😎

That

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 19,666 through 19,680 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply