Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jeff Moden (10/1/2010)

Jack Corbett (10/1/2010)

The issue isn't whether the maverick is right or wrong, it's that the maverick has circumvented processes put in place

It's easier to fire someone who is also wrong, but I understand what you're saying.

On the other hand, if you live in an "at will" State like I do, you can fire that person at any time and without justification. The only thing you need is... heh... documentation because that person can still come back and sue for discrimination and you'll need to prove that it wasn't that... that it was, in fact, for rule violations. You'll also need the justification if you intend to deny Workman's Comp.

This person is an employee of a consulting company. Depending on Jack's employer's contract with the consulting firm, it might not even take that much.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Steve Jones - Editor (10/1/2010)

There are two theories on how to argue with a women...

They're both wrong.

LOL.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

Just realized the solution, I'll have to find a carrier pigeon to tie a flash drive to and send it your way.... πŸ˜‰

Didn't the carrier pigeon union go on strike because of the new austerity measures?

πŸ˜‰

• Steve Jones - Editor (10/1/2010)

There are two theories on how to argue with a women...

They're both wrong.

And those are . . . ?

(Or are you allowed to say?)

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

Just realized the solution, I'll have to find a carrier pigeon to tie a flash drive to and send it your way.... πŸ˜‰

I look forward to the delivery. It would be faster than me trying to download them. :w00t: :hehe:

Though, was fairly impressed with the download of 2008 SP2 last night. Averaged around 55kb/s. Took just under 2 hours to download 350MB. Must have been a local cached copy, it would not have been that fast downloading from source.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

I look forward to the delivery. It would be faster than me trying to download them. :w00t: :hehe:

Though, was fairly impressed with the download of 2008 SP2 last night. Averaged around 55kb/s. Took just under 2 hours to download 350MB. Must have been a local cached copy, it would not have been that fast downloading from source.

That's because Microsoft has a new system. Normally you'd have to download all those ones and zeroes, but they realized what everyone knows: zeroes are nothing! Now they just have you download the ones and it is much faster.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (10/1/2010)

GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

That's because Microsoft has a new system. Normally you'd have to download all those ones and zeroes, but they realized what everyone knows: zeroes are nothing! Now they just have you download the ones and it is much faster.

So now we download 1s and spaces, which takes up less bandwidth than 1s and 0s? Microsoft couldn't have figured that out on their own. They must have had help from people at Oracle. πŸ˜›

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

Stefan Krzywicki (10/1/2010)

GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

So now we download 1s and spaces, which takes up less bandwidth than 1s and 0s? Microsoft couldn't have figured that out on their own. They must have had help from people at Oracle. πŸ˜›

That does sound like something Oracle would do.

No, no. You just download the ones. Then you download a document telling you where to put the zeroes back in if you think you really need them.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.

Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

No, no. You just download the ones. Then you download a document telling you where to put the zeroes back in if you think you really need them.

Why does this remind me of Morse code? 😎

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

If you got down to the binary, you could totally send a program as Morse Code over a telegraph.

Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

Alvin Ramard (10/1/2010)

GilaMonster (10/1/2010)

jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

If you got down to the binary, you could totally send a program as Morse Code over a telegraph.

What's that, Baud 1 for the unprofessional, maybe 1.5 for a master tapper? πŸ˜›

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (10/1/2010)

... If you got down to the binary, you could totally send a program as Morse Code over a telegraph.

What's that, Baud 1 for the unprofessional, maybe 1.5 for a master tapper? πŸ˜›

... only if you leave out the error checking.

Alvin Ramard

• Trey, I think your comments to CELKO might have shut him down... at least temporarily. He was actively bashing folks left and right up until your reply to him. Now he's gone quiet. Maybe he just needs a friend! If he could be a little nicer, he might find it easier to make friends. πŸ™‚

• Any of you guys work in healthcare and know where I could find sample claims data online? Don't care if it's x12 spec or just claim header and detail line crap, have a couple ideas I wanted to play with at home, and didn't want to have to create a bunch of fake claims if I could help it.

data.gov doesn't have anything, and I can't afford to pay for sample medicare data, that's ridiculously expensive.

looking for something I can use with revenue/cpt/hcpcs/ICD9 dx and procedure codes/billtypes/demographic info on a set of patients/providers.

You know, nothing fancy :-P:hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (10/1/2010)

Any of you guys work in healthcare and know where I could find sample claims data online? Don't care if it's x12 spec or just claim header and detail line crap, have a couple ideas I wanted to play with at home, and didn't want to have to create a bunch of fake claims if I could help it.

data.gov doesn't have anything, and I can't afford to pay for sample medicare data, that's ridiculously expensive.

looking for something I can use with revenue/cpt/hcpcs/ICD9 dx and procedure codes/billtypes/demographic info on a set of patients/providers.

You know, nothing fancy :-P:hehe:

How about what's on this page: http://com1software.com/c1054.htm

Alvin Ramard

Viewing 15 posts - 19,636 through 19,650 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply