Applying roles to ssrs using active directory - DELAY

• Hi guys hope you can help;

We have our reporting server setup now for the last six months and working fine. As more and more users are starting to run reports of it, to give us better control over access to report folders, we implimented role based secuirty on the report server.

When a new reporting department folder is created on the report server a group for that folder is created in active directory. This group is then applied to the department folder security property. Now any users that require acces to the folder can be mabaged from within AD.

My problem is when i add users to the group using AD it can take up to 5-6 hours for them to get visibility of the folder from within Report Manager, obviously this s not good.

I know it is not a problem with report manager reading AD. I can prove this by creating a group in ad and then adding it to the security property of the folder in report manager- miss spell the group name and you get an error - so it must be checking ad for the existance of the group.

has anyone else encounter this

p

• duplicate post.(actually triplicate!)

no need to cross post to multiple forums it fractures the answers you get and makes posters duplicate others work.

the "Recent Posts" link shows us everything.

continue the thread here:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic689716-146-1.aspx

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply