Applying conditions to filters and grouping columns in report builder

• Ok, check this out: look at how the column group has been defined:

This should give a good idea

• this is static report rite? i am working on report builder.... i need to make grouping there....

you can have a look at the attachments... may be they will explain you better....

• i thought that was what i asked earlier, anyway in report builder, first choose status as the group using the Sort and Group option on the toolbar.

Then Under Report option choose New field option, name field as total, in the formula use COUNT(UserID), once you hit ok, it should appear in the list of fileds on the fileds list on the left. drag the new filed on to the report.

right click on the area just about status header, there should be two an option show group subtotals, then drag the new field which was created with the count on to the report, you should be able to see the subtotals.

Good Luck...

• hi i tried the way you had mentioned.... it is showing totals for each status.

Thanks ...

but my prob is data is still incorrect....

here i dont have permit to attach files (m at office :))

now i will send you the original data and the one i am getting in report builder.

original data

User Name Client Name CV_Sent Offer Made Joined

John SS 3 0 0

Report Builder data :

--------------------Status-------------------------------

User Name TotalCV SentPendingScheduled 460 463 59 68

Total 460 463 59 681050

------------------------------------------------------------

i actually need the count of Req ID for each status for each user for each cleint.

now where can i put this condn? i tried with filters, but it works only for users and date ranges but not for clients....

Clients parameter will have almost 10,000 values... is it because of the huge data m getting error?

as of now i have removed that client list from my filter and this data is for only a single client.....

What can i do now?

• malavika.ramanathan (5/25/2010)

hi i tried the way you had mentioned.... it is showing totals for each status.

Thanks ...

but my prob is data is still incorrect....

here i dont have permit to attach files (m at office :))

now i will send you the original data and the one i am getting in report builder.

original data

User Name Client Name CV_Sent Offer Made Joined

John SS 3 0 0

Report Builder data :

--------------------Status-------------------------------

User Name TotalCV SentPendingScheduled 460 463 59 68

Total 460 463 59 681050

------------------------------------------------------------

i actually need the count of Req ID for each status for each user for each cleint.

now where can i put this condn? i tried with filters, but it works only for users and date ranges but not for clients....

Clients parameter will have almost 10,000 values... is it because of the huge data m getting error?

as of now i have removed that client list from my filter and this data is for only a single client.....

What can i do now?

Ok, let me try:

You have a filed called user, drag it to the report layout,

you have a field called status drag it to the report builder layout,

you have a field called client drag it to the report builder layout,

so at this point you will have:

User Status Client

Now create a aggregate field called count(reqs), once the field is created drag it to the right of field client on the report layout, what happens is you will automatically get totals for Client, status and user, I have put a attachment....

check this link: this should get you where you need to be:i found a link on MSDN which talks about grouping and sorting on report builder 1.0.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337238(SQL.100).aspx

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is what i tried earlier then i felt matrix report would be better..

the screen shot i have sent you is of matrix report......

the one you have mentioned will give count of status...

i want COUNT(ReqID) FOR EACH STATUS.....

take a look at my screen shots... for my requirement i think matrix report is the best.....

thanks,

Malavika

• malavika.ramanathan (5/26/2010)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This is what i tried earlier then i felt matrix report would be better..

the screen shot i have sent you is of matrix report......

the one you have mentioned will give count of status...

i want COUNT(ReqID) FOR EACH STATUS.....

take a look at my screen shots... for my requirement i think matrix report is the best.....

thanks,

Malavika

I ran a report here trying to mimic what you had said with a different dataset, i did get breakdown of totals the way i needed.

Matrix reports was always the way to go for your requirement, i thought you had to use report builder.

When you have lot of grouping/sub grouping it is always good to use SSRS over report builder 1.0, the report builder 2.0/3.0 in 2008 is a lot better when it comes to grouping.

• Hi

Thanks for the reply. This is what i tried earlier but it doesnt seem to meet my requirement.

i want something like this:

user client requirement status1 status2 status3 ......

A xyz aaaaa 5 4 4

but with the soln you have given it will be like :

user client requiement status1

status2

like this one below the other....

so i chose matrix report.....

i am almost there... only thing is data is incorrect.... that is because of the total column (it is the new field we kept)

now if i place the total in such a way that it will total against each status then m done.....

please help

• M sorry you can ignore the previous post. i had not got your reply then. 🙂

But the prob is i dont have anything else here....

i have already done the same report with SSRS but now my manager needs it with RB itself 🙁

please suggest something.

• Hi All

I have Created a Storedprocedure that display the data that storedprocedure bind with crystal report .some time that storedprocedure return correct data after few days that reurn data in multiple rows.plz tell me. but i do

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply