Anyone try installing CU5 yet?

• On my server I had SP1 installed with no CUs applied and this morning when I installed CU5, my version is coming up 4213. According to Microsoft's build# page it should be 4438, so it looks like it didn't install. There were no obvious errors or failures running the install, and the log file showed no errors, but I'm not really confident trying to interpret that.

When I do a Select @@version I get the following (it's hosted on VMWare through a provider):

Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.4213.0 (X64)

Jun 9 2015 12:06:16

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation

Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)

Here's the thing that is really bugging me: I thought that I'm running 64-bit Windows, so I downloaded the x64 CU5. But when I run it, it errors out saying that it isn't a valid Win-32 image. Same thing on my server. I think my brain isn't parsing something right, I was pretty sick last week and I'm not entirely here. So this is after running the 32 bit version and not getting an error.

Both installations otherwise seem to be working OK.

What am I missing, other than that I should be home on the couch semi-conscious?

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• try to reapply it, if you can. I rolled it out today to 3 boxes and everything seems to be ok. Build number is actually 12.00.4439.1 for SP1 CU5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply