Any ready tool(free 3rd party tool also ok) to do archiving in sql server 2008

• HI All,

I wanted do archiving in sql server 2008 server , and i wanted to do around 20 transactional tables to be archive . Is there any ready automated tool or any thing which supports slq server 2008 . Just if i sellect tables those tables should get archive based on scheduled date n time .? Please guide me regarding this .

Thanks in advance .

Ravindranath.S

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• No ... i didnt used that any where ....

• My first choice in this situation would be SSIS as well.

But, you could look at third party tools. For example, Red Gate Data Compare[/url] could be scheduled to move data difference for you.

Full disclosure, I work for Red Gate and I still think SSIS is the better choice. I just thought you wouldn't mind having an option.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• It would be better to create a SSIS package to archive the data you want or You could simply create a replica table on the same server and have a job running a simple insert into script.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• Fine thanks a lot , Please can you suggest me any sites or blogs to know how to use ssis for archiving ?

Thanks with Regards,

Ravindranath.S

• I'd start with a search in the web site that you're on. We've got years of articles, published 5 a week. I'll be there are a ton of SSIS on there.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply