AlwaysOn question

• Hi

Can I install SQL server instance on application drive (example E:) in primary and secondary server instead of C: for AlwaysOn availability group?

Thanks.

Ayemya

• ayemya (1/27/2014)

Hi

Can I install SQL server instance on application drive (example E:) in primary and secondary server instead of C: for AlwaysOn availability group?

Thanks.

Ayemya

My understanding is that you can install SQL Server on any drive you wish, but it is strongly recommended that all servers in the WSFC that are to be part of the AG underpinnings have the exact same drive letters and install locations.

Best,
    Kevin G. Boles
    SQL Server Consultant
    SQL MVP 2007-2012
    TheSQLGuru on googles mail service

• ayemya (1/27/2014)

Hi

Thanks.

Ayemya

As long as the instance is not a fail over cluster instance you can install it to any location. As already pointed out, you may want to ensure that you uniform drive letters and paths for the AO replicas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply