AlwaysON Configuration Error

• Hi. I want to configure alwayson but I have some problems that I don't know how to solve it.

I have two client with Windows server 2016. both of them join to the domain.

SQL Server 2017 was installed on both machine.

windows firewall turned off.

Failover clustering configure without any problem.

Also change default port of SQL Server to specific port.

SQL Server Engine and agent services on both machine running with domain account that is domain admin.

Also this accounts add to the SQL server with sysadmin permission.

when configuring alwayson, everything is ok but when joining second machine to availability group I receive error.

this is my error message.

Msg 41158, Level 16, State 3, Line 1

Failed to join local availability replica to availability group 'tcl'.

The operation encountered SQL Server error 41106 and has been rolled back.

Check the SQL Server error log for more details.

When the cause of the error has been resolved, retry the ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP JOIN command.

also with port scanner check that endpoint ports is open on both machine.

Also configure database mirroring and I get this error message

The server network address "TCP://******:8888" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1418)

thanks for helping me to resolve this problem

• With add machine name and ip addresses to the hosts file , problem has been solved.

Now I have a new problem with creating Listener that I get this error message.

Msg 41009, Level 16, State 7, Line 3

The Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) resource control API returned error code 5057. The WSFC service may not be running or may not be accessible in its current state, or the specified arguments are invalid. For information about this error code, see "System Error Codes" in the Windows Development documentation.

Msg 19476, Level 16, State 3, Line 3

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.

Msg 19476, Level 16, State 1, Line 3

The attempt to create the network name and IP address for the listener failed. The WSFC service may not be running or may be inaccessible in its current state, or the values provided for the network name and IP address may be incorrect. Check the state of the WSFC cluster and validate the network name and IP address with the network administrator.

How to solve this problem?

• Is the cluster service running? It's under Services.

• Of course. clustering service is running and also alwayson working correctly.

• No need to be rude, you hadn't specified that in your original post.

• Sorry I don't want to be rude .I only answer your question.

sorry .

• You said this:

SQL Server Engine and agent services on both machine running with domain account that is domain admin.

Also this accounts add to the SQL server with sysadmin permission.

Both of these are VERY bad for security.

As far as creating the listener, it's not the service account that needs the permissions, but the account doing the work.  Your account needs these rights to create these objects in Active Directory.

You may need to grant permissions to the AD container for this to work.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Thank you

yes I know that this is very bad for security but I do it for test because I don't know why I cannot create listener and get error message.

How can I grant permission to AD container and to which account? SQL service account you mean?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply