Always On with Failover clustering Instance

• Hi Everyone,

Could anyone of you send me the steps to Configure Always on with a SQL Clustered database in 2012 as primary. I am getting an error saying that the Server is already joined in a cluster when I am trying to add the Mirror server while running the Always On wizard.

Regards

Srikanth Reddy Kundur

• It can't be clustered and a member of an AlwaysOn Availability Group. It has to be one or the other.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff929171.aspx#SQLServerFC

I am little confused with he stuff in the above link, Could you please have a look at it and let me know if this is relevant to this setup.

• So obviously, I was mistaken. you can find a description of how to do it here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldisasterrecovery/thread/4989cdb8-bb69-46a4-865a-2deecd20ddf4

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• An FCI can participate in an AlwaysOn availability group, could you detail a little more about the set up of the clustered nodes servicing the FCI and the node you are attempting to use as a replica.

All nodes must be part of the same windows cluster.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Can you please provide us a step by step notes to perform this. I am not able to configure them.

Let me explain me the scenario

I have created SQL Server 2012 Ent Cluster with 2 nodes and 1 cluster

Created a standalone Server and Installed SQL Server 2012 Ent

Enable AG for the both the Servers

Trying to Join both the server using the failover cluster Manager I get error the Server is already joined in a cluster

Could someone help me how to Join a sql clustered Instance to a standalone server in the failover cluster manager for configuring the AG.

Thanks in Advance

• ksrikanth77 (7/5/2012)

Can you please provide us a step by step notes to perform this. I am not able to configure them.

Let me explain me the scenario

I have created SQL Server 2012 Ent Cluster with 2 nodes and 1 cluster

Created a standalone Server and Installed SQL Server 2012 Ent

Enable AG for the both the Servers

Trying to Join both the server using the failover cluster Manager I get error the Server is already joined in a cluster

Could someone help me how to Join a sql clustered Instance to a standalone server in the failover cluster manager for configuring the AG.

Thanks in Advance

Join the stand alone node to the same windows cluster as the 2 current cluster nodes. This will produce a 3 node cluster (you may have to reconfigure your quorum settings)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Thanks Perry I have completed the setup

• Ok, no problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply