Alert team when tempdb reaches threshold

• Can any one tell if there is a procedure to monitor tempdb periodically like in a job and alert the team when it fills up 85% of the tempdb fixed amount files.

• Under SQL Agent

1.Create an operator usually a dba group email or your own

2.Right click alerts New Alert

3.Name it and choose

Object: SQLServer:Databases

Counter Data File(s) Size (KB)

Instance: tempdb

Alert if counter: Rises Above

Value: 30000000

30000000 = 30GB so change it to your liking.

Alex S
  • Yeah i did that its not working that way. So the case here is that the initial file is set to 25gb for each of 12 files and autogrowth to none. So the alert is looking that the drive is almost 80% full and sends team alert since each initial file size is already given .

• i have given the value as 251658240kb(240gb). where 240 is 80% (25x8 = 300gb)

• psred (9/29/2016)

Yeah i did that its not working that way. So the case here is that the initial file is set to 25gb for each of 12 files and autogrowth to none. So the alert is looking that the drive is almost 80% full and sends team alert since each initial file size is already given .

Are you wanting to base this on the % full of the drive or the % full of the data files. I think it makes a difference whether it's the files or the drive that you are monitoring.

Sue

• I need based on % full of the fixed file size.

• Take a look at the following article - Managing Database Data Usage With Custom Space Alerts

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/alerts/89885/

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply