AG issue

• Hi All,

Can anyone who know Alwayson help me .

Today morning, the AG wasn't available. But when the users came to me and checked the AG dashboard, it was green.

I am new to Alwayson availability groups. anyone knows what happened. I collected all the errorlog's and I see some messages but couldnt decipher it.  I tried to change the db names n servernames n listerner name.Could anyone help me if there was any fail over happened. Systems team was blaming it was SQL issue and not the windows issue. but I could see messages that lost quorum and listener was not available.

Is this because everything manifest within sql and everyone starts blaming it is SQL Server issue?

I am attaching the ERRORLOG.

Thanks,

Sam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• I am not an expert at reading the logs but it does look like a failover occurred. I think the following happened:

The Windows cluster failed over

The users would have lost connection as the listener moved from one server to another

The failover completed

The dashboard will now show green as the failover completed OK

The users should have been able to reconnect. Can you confirm if they could?

It terms of cause - Do you know if there was any kind of network issues? Either a disconnection or something putting a lot of data through a network card used by the cluster?

• Glanced over your log and it is clearly stating that WSFC was unhealthy - lost Quorum. AGs are heavily dependent on health of your cluster. Below are the events which I see in your log.

• local replica of availability group 'BIPAG01' is preparing to transition to the resolving role in response to a request from the Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) cluster.
    • Always On Availability Groups: Waiting for local Windows Server Failover Clustering node to come online.
    • Always On: The availability replica manager is going offline because the local Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC) node has lost quorum.

what part of this makes your server team believe that it's solely SQL Server issue. Did they(you) checked cluster logs for more details?

• Thanks Srikanth.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply