Administration Numbers

• Call it the attack of "Fourth Generation Management" or a flavor of the Steven Covey philosophy. But I've been tasked with coming up with some numbers on what it would take to support a new application that is about to come online. Not having to formally come up with this type of report before, I am wondering if anybody out there has any ideas on what items to list and ways of summarizing the data collected? I'd like to break it into weekly support, monthly , and annually. Any ideas would be helpful.

Demicoq

• Wow, that's a tough one. How many people will use this? Larger numbers of users should mean more calls. Of which, some more should be escalataed to the DBAs.

How stable is the app? Can you compare it to other apps and get an idea of the support load?

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for responding. This is one of those apps that if the sales team meets their goals this will concievably be open to the world but within the "Medical" industry. Usually adoption of new apps in this genre are slow so I would say this databases should stay around 5 to 15 GB in size and service about 400 users within the organization. The unfortunate thing is that it is not like any other application so it's hard to gage. But I think what they are after is what types of support tasks and how many hours would be needed to provide the same level of support or more for this application. Sorry this is so vague.

Demicoq 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply