Adding user to SQL server / report manager and getting error.

• I'm stuck on SQL2000. I'm trying to set up a new user.

Up to now, to set up and 'external' user (in our case customers), I have always created a user on our (e.g. "C_DA001") SQL server local management console and added them to a group called 'Report_Users_Customers'.

In SSRS Report Manager I have this group set up as a role with relevant security permissions. Up to now it has worked fine, but following some intervention from our IT 'consultants' recently, when I add a new user as before, I get this message when the user logs on:

"There are no items in Home. Click Help for more information about this page."

The legacy users are unaffected. It's only new ones that don't work.

Has anyone got any idea what may have changed?

• Start at the 'home' or top level folder and check the permissions all the way down to the actual report in ssrs from the web page (properties tab). Odds are the permissions for one of the folders has changed excluding that group.

• Thanks for your reply

The role is set up at the very top level - home. Nothing has changed there.

• Next, check the folder(s) that report is in all the way down the the actual report itself. Permissions for each of those can be set individually. You can either 'revert to parent security' or add that user back individually.

If the perms in the ssrs folders are ok, then that user may have been taken out of the group in Active Directory...

I don't think SQL server created groups affect the permissions in SSRS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply