Adding row in a matrix sub total column

• I am developing a matrix report where I have 1 row and 2 columns, A and B, plus a subtotal column. I would like to add another column group underneath the subtotal column which is a subtotal of column B - column A. Consequnetly when the report is run there will be three fields under the Total column i.e the total of column A, total of column B, and the Total of column A - column B. I have read about the inscope function but I an not to clear on how to use it. Any help would be much appreciated.

• I have added an image to make my problem a bit more clearer. In the excel spreadsheet I want to add another field under the Total column which is the difference between planned and actual. I would like to this field Variance. How can i do this?

• here is an article how to add additional rows/columms to a matrix report

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services/63415/

• Hi,

Thanks for showing a data sample. I assume you're using SSRS 2005, since customizing header groups like this is apparently a lot easier to do in SSRS 2008 within the tablix. As I see it, you have two options: 1) query the matrix columns, rows, data, and calculated aggregates in your dataset, as explained in the article referred to by the poster above[/url], which gives you a good deal of control over the data that will be finally presented; or 2) if you really need to do everything in the report design layer, follow David Leibowitz's instructions in Advanced Matrix Reporting Techniques[/url] for calculating expressions in textboxes inside rectangles nested inside cells.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply