Adding a detail row when none exist

• So in fact, what you are saying is that the detail row cannot be brought back?

• tsmith-960032 (7/14/2010)

So in fact, what you are saying is that the detail row cannot be brought back?

No, what I am saying is that you never had a detail row to begin with as tablix does not support a detail row.

I don't know what your report does and it may be that you are only getting one row per group type in which case you could add a row for that by clicking to the inside of the row/column group and choosing add row or add column then populating that with your data.

• Of course I had a detail row. When you first drop a table into the work area, it always has a detail row. What I did is I added a group, added several group rows, and then deleted the detail row, which afterwards I regretted, and now want to add it back in. And I can't find anyplace that this can be done.

• Yes when you add a TABLE you have a detail row, however, at some point you must have deleted the table and gone with a tablix. Your own list of what is in your selections says you have a tablix here, and not a table at all.

If you want tabular data, then you must use a table, not a tablix.

• I have run into the same problem... I created a TABLE (aka tablix), not a MATRIX, did some grouping, eventually deleted the detail row and now would like to try something with it added back in. I am guessing from the tone of this thread that the issue was not resolved/a means of adding the detail row back in was not determined? If it was, please share!

Kristen

• kstillwell (7/27/2010)

I have run into the same problem... I created a TABLE (aka tablix), not a MATRIX, did some grouping, eventually deleted the detail row and now would like to try something with it added back in. I am guessing from the tone of this thread that the issue was not resolved/a means of adding the detail row back in was not determined? If it was, please share!

Kristen

I know what you mean. No, noone has answered with a solution yet.

• You can add deleted details row with editing code. Add to the innermost tablix group these 5 rows of code before the end of TablixMember tag.

<TablixMembers>

<TablixMember>

<Group Name="Details" />

</TablixMember>

</TablixMembers>

</TablixMember> <!-- innermost tablix group TablixMember end tag, -->

I think it should do what you need.

• Thank you for your answer. So I guess I'm not crazy...:w00t:

• Hi,

Select the Textbox >> right click >> Add Group>> Row Group >> Adjacent Above>> Show details Data.

Please ignore if you are not looking for this.

Thanks.

Veeren 🙂

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• Hi All,

I want share one thing with all,Actuvally Tablix is property not control in 2008.

Thanks,

Veeren.

Thanks & Regards,
    Veeren.
    Ignore this if you feel i am Wrong. 😉

• Any solution to this? I am having the same exact problem. Thank you.

• Same thing for me. No detail. I also try add child group which is the method listed on technet. I receive the message Innermost group does not have a grouping cell. I just don't get what tha message means!

• I just had this issue and Veeren above is correct. If you add a Row Group that is 'Adjacent Above', there is a radio button option to 'Show Detail Data'. Then add your fields in that row.

• Hi.

I had the same problem and found the answer here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627469(v=sql.100).aspx

🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply