account role i need to run sql jibs across the different server in a same domain

• Hi Professionals:

What knid of account role do I need to run a SQL job that will collect data from different server in a same domain.

I can run the application sucessfully when I only execute the exe file on the local server. But when I run this application as SQL job by using sa account, this application can only collect the local info.

Anyone got suggestion?

Thanks inadvance

• How are you trying to connect to the remote servers?

Is your SQL Server agent running under a domain login or local account? If a domain account, make sure this domain login has access to all the remote servers. If you are using SQL Server 2005 you can also configure a proxy account to execute your job under that uses a domain login with privileges to all the servers.

Are you trying to execute a SQL Server job on the remote servers? If so make sure the login the job is running under has privileges to execute the jobs by being in the SQLAgentOperatorRole fixed db role or sysadmin.

If you are just collecting data, make sure the SQL Agent account or proxy account has privileges on the remote server to retrieve whatever data you need.

Just some thoughts

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply