Accessing Reporting Services from another domain.

• My company is in the process of being assimilated into a larger company. This process is going slow and is happening in steps. What we are trying to do is.... Get e-mail, user login, and other company shared resources converted to the new domain. While continuing to use the database on the old domain. Then in a year or more we will convert the database to the new one. I have a SQL 2005 .net database and reporting services. I can be logged into the new domain and access the old domain database but when I go to reports I get the home directory with the site settings and subscriptions in the upper right corner but not one of my reports is listed.

When I try to add the new domain/username to the security of reporting services or a report - it throws an error stating that the user cannot be found. Which makes sense because the actual report server is on the old domain. But..... the domains are trusted so it doesn't make sense.

I have spent a couple of hours reading BOL but I just can't find anything that addresses multiple domains.

Any help would be appreciated to get me going again.

• Hi Tracy...

You have mentioned that you are unable to view report(s) on report server....But you are able to view other default settings...it seems that report server is running fine....and I guess you must have redeployed all report(s) on the same....too....

Did you redeploy all report(s)??

Thanks,

Niraj 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply