Access rights for Schedules DTS package

• I have a number of DTS packages that run on a server called st-info. One of the packages copies information to another server. When I run the package myself it executes with no problems. When scheduled the package always fails. The package runs as user ST-INFO/SYSTEM. I think that the failure might be casued by the fact that this user does not have access to the database on the other server. I have tried to add a user ST-INFO/SYSTEM but the user cannot be found. Can anyone shed any liught on the matter???????

• Are you copied information to the file system or database in another server? Is SQL Server Agent run by local system account?

You can setup SQL Server Agent Proxy Account that has similar privilege like yours. Can you schedule the package to run with your account or similar?

• The ST-INFO/SYSTEM account is a local account. You won't be able to use that account on the other server. Are your servers running on a domain? If so, try using a domain user account.

Also, for future you might want to rename your server a remove the '-' character from the name.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Looks like you are running your SQL Services under Local System Account rather than a domain account which causes it assume ST-INFO/SYSTEM as the user running a job. You have 2 options here:

1. Run the SQLServer,SQLAgent with a dimain account and create permissions for the domain account on the other machine where you are copying to.

2. Run the SQL job under your userID (owner of Job). Your account seems to have needed permissions on the target server.

Good Luck

-Sravan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply