about exam 70-457 books

• I plan to take 70-457 soon and search books about it.

I download "Microsoft_Press_eBook_Introducing_Microsoft_SQL_Server_2012_PDF.pdf" from microsoft website. There are 2 parts in this book.Are these part1 for exam 70-457 and part2 for 70-458?

I just read part1, but I saw somebody said there is no reference book for these exams, so I want to make sure.

Thanks a lot.

• That book is just an introduction to the concepts, it doesn't contain enough detail to get you through the exams.

I didn't do the 70-457 exam, I did the 3 exams for MCSA, and I don't think I would have made it reading just that book.

You could use the training kits for the 3 seperate exams to prepare yourself for the 70-457 exam.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (8/8/2013)

That book is just an introduction to the concepts, it doesn't contain enough detail to get you through the exams.

I didn't do the 70-457 exam, I did the 3 exams for MCSA, and I don't think I would have made it reading just that book.

You could use the training kits for the 3 seperate exams to prepare yourself for the 70-457 exam.

I see.

Thanks Koen.

• Thanks Koen,

Did Ms release any official MS press book for SQL Server 2012 yet? I am unable to find any.

• Satish-1028188 (8/20/2013)

Thanks Koen,

Did Ms release any official MS press book for SQL Server 2012 yet? I am unable to find any.

You should polish your search skills. 😉

Amazon search

Every blue and black book (except the ones from Apress, those with the yellow titles) is an official book by Microsoft.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Satish-1028188 (8/20/2013)

Thanks Koen,

the one I list is from mcp site for free download.

you can search 70-461,462,463 training books too. there are many books for free downloading.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply