a failed step.

• I have an activexscript task in one of my packages and am getting an error message. The server is sql 7 on w2k advanced server with the latest service packs. Would any one have an idea to what this means? I can't seem to find anything that relates to my environment.

DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_3, Error = -2147220421 (8004043B) Error string: The task reported failure on execution. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 1100 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147220421 (8004043B); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The task reported failure on execution. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldt... Process Exit Code 2. The step failed.

Chris.

• Enable logging for

this package, so that the error message will be recorded in the log file. Also, are you setting your main function in the activex task to something like:

If Err.Number = 0 Then

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

Else

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Failure

End If

...so that your active x task is not reporting a general failure whether it completes properly or not?

hth,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• Thanks for the reply Michael.

Here is my activex task:

Function Main()

If DTSGlobalVariables("InLineExist").Value = true then

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

Else

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Failure

End if

End Function

I do have logging enabled, but it only tells me of a failure and nothing in-depth. This package has 4 other activex tasks and all of them heve worked for a year, until now. I checked to see if anything has changed and all appears to be static. Any ideas?

much appreciated, chris.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply