99 Bananas

• This one is driving me bananas. I am using SQL Server 2005. I have an oracle linked server through ODBC. 4-part (case sensitive) querying syntax does not work. If anyone knows why, I would love to find out. But anyway, for now, I am restricted to using openquery. Problem is that openquery returns unexpected results. There are 99 records missing in every query. Count(*) returns the correct number of records. From what i can tell, they are always rows 2-100. ODBC connection seems fine because same queries work in Access and SQLTools. Doesn't matter how simple the query. Always missing 99 records. I searched the web pretty hard and found only one similar case which wasn't much help http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-775717.html Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC

• What are your setting on the linked server for:

Collation Compatible

Use Remote Collation

Collation Name

You can try changing these to see if this corrects the problem. I have had situations when connecting to other system (not Oracle) where changing these corrected problems with accessing data from the remote system.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Do you have RPC and RPC Out enabled on the linked server? This has caused me problems in the past going to a DB2 database. They are not on by default and I had to turn them on.

• I know this is an old post but I am having exactly the same problem creating a linked server to look at sage line 50 data through their odbc driver.

If I do either:

Select * from SageLink...Sales_Ledger

Or

Select * From OPENQUERY(SageLink, 'Select * from Sales_Ledger')

I get row 1, it then skips 99 rows and the gives me the rest....

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply