32bit ODBC driver ON x64 Visual Studio

• I've ran into a bit of a wall here.

I have two servers. Both are Win Server 2003 Enterprise and SQL 2005. One is 32 bit and the other is 64.

I have to pull data off another system and only have 32bit ODBC drivers for this system.

The project I have created on the 32bit system runs fine. I setup the same project on the 64 bit system and I get the following error:

[Southeast IEX agent [121]] Error: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002]

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnectionManager90.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DataReaderSourceAdapter.AcquireConnections(Object transaction)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostAcquireConnections(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Object transaction)

I can preview the results if I go into the destination. When I test the connection everything seems fine.

What am I missing?

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• have a look at this and see if it doesn't shed some light.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141766.aspx

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• this doen't always work, but we have had some sucess with it. try creating your odbc source from this location:

c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

• Adam Angelini (9/12/2008)

this doen't always work, but we have had some sucess with it. try creating your odbc source from this location:

c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

That is where I have created the odbc sources. (That's the only place that I am able to create the source)

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

• Luke L (9/12/2008)

have a look at this and see if it doesn't shed some light.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141766.aspx

-Luke.

That link fixed it. I had to set the whole package to run in 32bit mode. Thanks.

Live to Throw
    Throw to Live
    Will Summers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply