2005 upgrade and now an invalid namespace

• I recently upgraded a SQL 2000 standard instance that hosted Reporting Services to 2005 and though everything went just fine. All of my reports are working and no users are reporting any issues. Now a problem has occured when I have tried to upload my first report migrated from VS 2003 to 2005. When uploading I get, "The report definition is not valid. Please verify that the report definition uses the current report definition namespace (i.e. ‘http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2003/10/reportdefinition’). (rsNotACurrentReportDefinition)"

It looks like the SQL instance didn't get fully upgraded. When I try to run the configuration manager I receive the error, "No report servers were found on the specified machine. Details: Invalid namespace"

I can see that the ReportServer service is running. I also see that MS SQL Server 2000 is in the Add or Remove Programs window. Do I need to remove this?

Why didn't it upgrade?

Thanks,

Tim

• So I don't know why, but I know a what now. Reporting Service didn't upgrade and still shows up as version 8.0.1038.00. When trying to install additional components I get the edition change warning that says I should us SKUUPGRADE=1 and run setup from the command prompt. I'm going to run the following with my fingers crossed.

start /wait setup.exe ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

Tim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply