2 DB-Sources-GENRATING A FlatFileDestination

• I have 2 DB-Sources contains multiple tables.

by joining multiple tables with conditions i can capture my o/p fields.

with this i can able to achieved the data mapping.

Now my question is

How to integrate differenet queries into single altogether to achieve the single flatfile generation dynamically is o/p

• Off the top of my head you would have a data-flow component and within it two data sources and using a Merge Join component I would bring the two sources together into a single pipeline.

Now that raises some additional questions for me, is it really two streams of data that can be joined together or a main stream that just uses a couple values from the second stream.

Also, if I remember correctly the data needs to be sorted, either at the source itself (recommended) or using a Sort component(please NO). You can adjust the source component using the Advanced editor to say that the data is sorted.

Also, destination isn't really important in what it appears you are asking for. Getting 2 streams into 1 appears to be what you are asking about.

CEWII

• Simply, you can export into two flat files and then use execute process task to merge above two files

set below Execute process task properties

Executable : copy.exe

Arguments : target1.txt+target2.txt finaloutput.txt

regards

RB

• PaVeRa22 (6/29/2010)

Simply, you can export into two flat files and then use execute process task to merge above two files

set below Execute process task properties

Executable : copy.exe

Arguments : target1.txt+target2.txt finaloutput.txt

I didn't get that he wanted to simply append the two datasets together.

I would say that was not what he was asking for when he talked about data mapping..

Did I read it wrong?

CEWII

• Thank you,

I assumed that, he has two different queries running against two databases and need to output into single file ( not sure about the structure/Data types info etc)

RB

• Thanks all for your help

i have

1)st join which will fetch data of REQUESTOR info

using source-1's table-A + SOURCE'2 table-B

2)nd join which will fetch data of AUTHORIZER info

using source-1's table-C + SOURCE'2 table-D

3)rd join which will fetch data of ADMIN info

using source-1's table-E + SOURCE'2 table-F

4) genaral query result OTHER Info

finally i my o/p is to generate REQUESTORINFO AUTHORIZERINFO ADMININFO OTHERINFO into a flat file.

HERE EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT

Now can you give me the workflow design to above senario?

Thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply