180-day Evaluation Edition - SQL Management Tools

• If you install the SQL Server 2005 evaluation edition (tools and/or database engine) onto your workstation and let the trial period expire will you still be able to use the tools (Management Studio)?

For instance, I once installed a SQL Server 2000 trial copy onto a workstation and I could still use Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to connect to other databases after the trial period was over.

37SOLUTIONS
    We'll find the one for you!
    Website Hosting | Website Design | MSSQL/MySQL Hosting | Database Development | Research/Consulting

• If you are using it on your workstation - why not consider downloading and use SQL Server express which is free.  It has a 4GB size limit and 1GB memory limit, which in most cases for a workstation should be ample.

Plus you can download the MS SQL Server Management Sudio express for free as an additional plugin.

• Unfortunately that won't work because I need to use it with Integration Services, Report Services and SQL Server Agent.  But thanks anyway!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=82afbd59-57a4-455e-a2d6-1d4c98d40f6e&displaylang=en

"SSMSE cannot manage Analysis Services, Integration Services, SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition, Notification Services, Reporting Services, or SQL Server Agent"

37SOLUTIONS
    We'll find the one for you!
    Website Hosting | Website Design | MSSQL/MySQL Hosting | Database Development | Research/Consulting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply