Scheduled Sp failing-Urgent

• Hi All,

I am currently having a stored procedure scheduled on a sql 2000 which is in a Windows 2003 platform. I first scheduled the script to run which failed after running 5 seconds(without giving any indication why it failed- even logs reveal nothing except that transaction logs were being back up at that time). Note that there was nothing in the ViewJobHistory why it failed.

The job was run manually and it ran for 5 hours , after which it failed. In the ViewJobhistory, there was an error like

"The scheduled job was invoked by DOMAIN\USERNAME..."

Can anyone help on this please.

Regards

Amit

• Hello,

That is (unfortunately) not an error message. Is there any more text after it?

If you run the SP manually can you see any blocking processes (via sp_who2)? Otherwise you could try profiling the SQL Server to see what is happening.

Regards,

John Marsh

www.sql.lu
    SQL Server Luxembourg User Group

• If you go in to the properies of the job step and go to the second tab, there's an option to write out the job's output to a file. If you do that, all of the error messages and other status/warning messages will be written into that file. I'll make it a lot easier to find the problem

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply