RollBack Needed

• Hi all,

i am using sqlserver2005.i have two questions

1- I updated a table without puting a where clause, therefore the update affected all rows in the table.

2-I dont have a recent backup of the database. So please if there is a way with which i can rollback the update and return the old data please tell me about it

• Do you have tran log backups?

Is the server in Full or Simple recovery model?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• i am trying to get tran through third party softwares now....i have installed my sql server on https://my.discountasp.net/mssql.aspx.

• Even with the 3rd party tool, it would be more likely to be able to recover if you are in Full recovery. Check that setting first.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I am new to https://my.discountasp.net..i can not check wheither it is in full mode or not.can you please check it for if i give you the username and password?as i am very critical to my table to be recover

• i checked it is in simple Recovery Model.Can i change it to FUll?what i should do now?

• USE [master]

GO

ALTER DATABASE [AdventureWorks] SET RECOVERY FULL WITH NO_WAIT

GO

• i can changed it to Full but what i do next?i want to recover my lost table data?what i do next...after i have my sqlserver in full mode

• engrshafiq4 (11/29/2011)

i can changed it to Full but what i do next?i want to recover my lost table data?what i do next...after i have my sqlserver in full mode

You cannot recover it now. Database recovery mode should have been Full before running that query.

If you do not have backups, nothing can be done.

Pradeep Singh

• @SSCrazy

Ok Now i do have that data on another machine on local.i want to export that specific table but there is no export/import options....is there any query to export that table with data.Note:i ll import in a different maching on server

• you have the backup of that database. You have chance to get you table data from it.

restore the database in different name and get the information from that database table to your database.

Regards,

Alagu Ganesh... alaguganesha1983@gmail.com

• Yes there are lot of way we can import data from server to excel to server.

You can try BCP that is good idea to import data from table to excel to table from different server machine.

• i have created database of that backup...i can view my table and its data too..now i want to get data from here to my server table from where i have lost my table's data.how to do this?

• i have created database of that backup...i can view my table and its data too..now i want to get data from here to my server table from where i have lost my table's data.how to do this?

1. Take a full backup of production database.

2. on production (where you have wrongly updated table), rename the table, something like mytable_old

3. Right click on your database on production, Click on Tasks > Import Data.

Follow the instructions of the wizard and import the table to production. You should be able to connect to the other server and pull that table.

Remember to select just one table (the one you want to import) and not all others.

Pradeep Singh

• You can try BCP in SQL server.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply