problem with restoring database

• HI

i have a database that is running on sqlserver 2008 and i had taken backup and restored it in client sever which is also a sqlserver 2008.if i click on the database >security> users. i have four users dbo,guest,information_schema,sys. now i created a user and i gave dbowner rights. now i am using this database for replication. when i use this database for replication. i am getting error. when i use replication with other newly creaated database it was working fine. can any one guide me, time is running out...

Thanks

Rock..

• ... i am getting error ...

You should provide as much error info as possible !

Error text, sqlserver errorlog info, sqlagent.out logging info, ...

As well as your used setup scipt! (of the replication)

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution ๐Ÿ˜€

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Need error message, what stage it is erroring out? are you using script or GUI?

EnjoY!
  • errors:

1. The process could not execute 'sp_replcmds' on 'domain\2k8'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20011)

Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL20011

2ยท Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal "dbo" does not exist, this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 15517)

Get help: http://help/15517

• You did not answer my other questions, what stage and are you using GUI or script? Chage user role to SA and try.

EnjoY!
  • GUI only.ok i will try with sa user

• what stage you are receiving this error message?

EnjoY!
  • i got a huge error like "The concurrent snapshot for publication 'BetaDB01' is not available because it has not been fully generated or the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it. If generation of the concurrent snapshot was interrupted, the Snapshot Agent for the publica"

• rockingadmin (3/11/2010)

i got a huge error like "The concurrent snapshot for publication 'BetaDB01' is not available because it has not been fully generated or the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it. If generation of the concurrent snapshot was interrupted, the Snapshot Agent for the publica"

1: Script out the replication

2: Drop all the replication tables at subscriber side and re-initialize subscriptions, the reason it was failing is snap shot was not completely applied at subscriber side, that should fix.

EnjoY!
  • yes i understand the problem, i googled and some of teh people saying that, if we remove the distribution database,publication,subscription then it will work fine. unfortunately i removed distribute

use master

go

alter database distributer set offline

drop database distributer

what i did is i didnt remove the publication , it still exists in the publication folder. if i tried to delete it distributer not exists. now how can i resove this issue. i want to create a new distribute database and publication adn subscription.

Thanks

Rcok...

• They might have worked but what you had more than one publisher? It will break all the publications which are using that distributor database. re-initialize of subscriber or applying snapshot would have fixed issue. Is this in production?

EnjoY!
  • its a work env-server, since yesterday i ahve been struggling for this. no other publication and scubscription is available. i just want to create a new distribution dataabse and a new publication and its subscription.

i tried to delete that old publication file but it says distribution datbase is not available.

i will create all these three

is there any way to create

i need to fix this as soon as possible. for me time is running out

can any one guide me on this

Thanks

Rock...

• can any one tell me the solution....

• SQL2008 right ?

Check books online ! "Backing Up and Restoring Replicated Databases "

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution ๐Ÿ˜€

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• yes it is sqlsever 2008, i deleted the distribution database. and i created a new distibuted database i.e distribution1, i tried with one thing, i click on configure distribution setting then created new distribution db ie. distribution1. when i tried to clink on publication. and it still points to the old distribution db.i.e.distribution.

please help me. i am on a crucial situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply