Need urgent help on restoring the specific table

• Hi ,

By a big Confusion or wrong script One column in database has been changed, i want to restore the Previous values for that column , but we don't have any backup file for that ..

Can i restore in any other way ..

please Thanks in advance

• You dont have any backups???

• yeah , i don't have any Backup file ...That's the problem actually ..

only one table need to be updated , How .. i don't have any Back up file

Any other to restore the Table pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• You have never taken a full backup of the database, not even when it was first created?

• Without a backup - your only other option is going to be a log reader tool. That will only work if your database is in full recovery model and you have backed up the database at least one time.

There are no other options available without a backup.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• We have taken the Backup , But I don't have a Access for that ... please advice any other than using Back up

• What is your current recovery model? If you had to, can you get the most current backup that, you unfortunately say can't at the moment, exists?

• John Paul (7/10/2009)

We have taken the Backup , But I don't have a Access for that ... please advice any other than using Back up

Without access to backups (that includes transaction log backups), you do not have any other options. I would guess that if you don't have access to the backups - you wouldn't have the privileges or access necessary to utilize a log reader tool either.

If you are not the DBA and don't have access to the backups - then you really need to contact the DBA team and work with them to fix this issue. You are not going to be able to fix this without their help.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Current Recovery model :- FULL ,

I can't access any backup file

• oh... NO ... Contacting DBA is the BIG task .. they will be shrinking / screwing me into the Database ..i think

• You aren't going to be able to fix this yourself if you can't access the backups. As Jeffery said, you will need to get help. With access to the backups, including a current t-log backup, the database could be restored under another name using point in time recovery to just prior to the erronous update statement being executed. At that point, you would then be able to recover the data that was erronously updated and fix the data in the current database.

• Something you should be aware of, trying hide your mistake makes the mistake even bigger. It is best to admit the error and get help fixing it.

• Ok , Thanks lynn .. I will contact DBA ... I think that is the only way to Fix the Issue ...

by the way ....what's the LOg reader Tool.. can i make use of that tool to slove this issue ...

• I'd have to Google those. I haven't looked at them. They are supposed to be able to read the transaction log and help recover lost data or database objects. Would it hlep you, depends on what level of access you have on your database. It is possible that even with a log reader tool, you'd have to have assistance from your DBA.

• Ok got it .. Thanks a lot Lynn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply