Modify the location of the report 'txt' file in a Maintenance Plan.

• I am running SBS 2011 with SQL Server 2008R2.

I have created a Maintenance Plan and I am now trying to modify the location of the report 'txt' file generated by that plan each time the job is run.

Using SSMS if I go to Jobs in Object Explorer and right click on the job in question and click properties, I do not find anywhere to modify the location of the report 'txt' file.

If I click on Maintenance Plans in Object Explorer and the right click on the plan in question I see 'Modify' (in Bold) in the context menu. However, when I click on Modify nothing happens.

Question #1: How can I change the location of the report ''txt' file in an existing Maintenance Plan?

Question #2: Why does the Modify option (right click on an existing Maintenance Plan) do nothing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Howard

• For question 2 - if you already have the plan open in the editor to modify, then trying to modify again won't do anything.

For question 1, there is a small button next to the Manage Connections button for reporting. Click that button and you can setup and configure the reporting options.

FWIW - I always disable the text reports, since they really don't have any good information in them.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Jeffrey:

Thank you for your response.

For question 2 - if you already have the plan open in the editor to modify, then trying to modify again won't do anything.

==> The plan is not opened in the editor to modify.

For question 1, there is a small button next to the Manage Connections button for reporting. Click that button and you can setup and configure the reporting options

==> How do I get to Manage Connections?

Any additional help will be appreciated.

Howard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply