how to rollback restoration

• Hi,

I restored my database with the old backup without backing up the latest database.

Can i rollback this restoration.

Actually I have write a stored procedure with large code in latest database.

Now it is replaced with old database.

Is there any technique to get that latest procedure code.

I had run this procedure several times before.

Plz help me.

-----

Thanks

Thanks.......
    -----------------------------------
    My Blog[/url] | Articles

• No. If you've overwritten a database without backing it up first then that database is lost. I assume you are not using source control and you didn't save a copy of your stored procedure to the file system anywhere?

Regards

Lempster

• It is not possible to recover database without backup.

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• The entire idea behind backups is to have a complete copy of the database. A restore operation also is a complete copy of the database. This is not an import/export operation, but a page by page copy of the entire database. With your restore complete, you're just stuck. Sorry.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply