Finding out custom data types

• Warning: I'm new to SQL

We have a 900+ table database and I'm trying to pull information from it to another database I've created. I want to use the same data types so that I won't have any join problems with the tables. It looks like our software vendor created their own datatype. How do I create the same datatype for the tables/fields I want to create in the separate database?

I'm creating the separate database because I don't want to accidentally UPDATE anything in our live data. That would void our service contract with our software vendor until we paid them a lot of money to fix the problem. I went to the table I wanted to see the datatypes on and generated a sql script that would recreate the table. This is what I see...

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TPB105_CHARGE_DETAIL] (

[chg_unt_at] [at_large_amount] NULL ,

[chg_unt_bil_at] [at_large_amount] NULL ,

[chg_tot_at] [at_large_amount] NULL ,

[chg_tot_bil_at] [at_large_amount] NULL ,

[ctc_adj_at] [at_large_amount] NULL ,

[nrv_cd] [cd_brief] NOT NULL ,

[row_sta_cd] [cd_row_status] NOT NULL ,

How do I create the at_large_amount datatype? Or do I just type in at_large_amount and it's created? It seems like this would have to be defined somewhere.....right? If it is defined some where...where do I look?

• In Query Analyzer press F8 (unless Object Browser is already open), expand your database, click on "User Defined Data Types".

• Thank you...that is what I needed to know. I guess that shows I haven't spent much time exploring other areas of QA and EM.

Thanks again!

• You welcome.

Yes, you probably need to spend more time clicking on things in those tools.

It's really worth exploring.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply